Vagina lips, labia minora, inner labia, or nymphaea – call them what you will, these flaps of skin cover and protect the openings of the vagina and the urethra. They, in turn, are surrounded by the outer labia or labia majora. Every vagina and its lips are different. While the range of what is considered normal is wide, some women experience pain and discomfort from labia minora which protrude from the labia majora.
What Is Vagina Lip Reduction?
For women whose labia cause chafing during sex or exercise, discomfort wearing tight clothing, hygiene difficulties, or aesthetic embarrassment, vagina lip reduction is the answer. The excess flesh and skin are removed during this procedure.
Vagina Lip Reduction Surgery
To minimize scarring at the edge of the labia while reducing the size and the amount of protrusion past the labia majora of the vagina lips, the wedge technique is most frequently elected.
Vagina lip reduction surgery takes around 45-60 minutes and you will go home the same day. The surgery can be done under general or local anesthetic – be sure to discuss this during your consultation with your plastic surgeon.
Vagina Lip Reduction Recovery
The vagina lips are there during childbirth. As such, they heal remarkably well.
- Rest for the first couple of days, and allow yourself five to seven days off work.
- Limited ambulation is critical during the first 72 hours to decrease swelling.
- Ice applied to the area recurrently every 20 minutes on the hour will help decrease swelling and pain.
- A spray or irrigation bottle with water is suggested after urination/defecation to keep the area clean.
- Running/Cycling/Swimming can be resumed at four weeks.
- Absolutely NO sexual intercourse for six weeks after surgery.
- Use sanitary towels rather than tampons for that period.
Vagina Lip Reduction Cost
The clitoral enlargement cost is starting at $3,000 and will be dependent on the recommendation made by Dr. Polo based on your circumstances.
Vagina Lip Reduction Before and After, Miami
To ensure an objective comparison, these before and after photos have been taken with a consistent camera angle, lighting, posture, and clothing. They have not been altered in any way. As is the nature of this procedure, be warned that these vagina lip reduction IMAGES ARE GRAPHIC.
Why Dr. Max Polo?
Dr. Max Polo is a renowned plastic surgeon specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery. His expertise is unrivaled. He is regarded by his peers as a pioneer in the development of new techniques and standards.
If you would like to make an appointment to find out more about vagina lip reduction in Miami, please contact Miami Plastic Surgery on (305) 595-2969.