You may not have been aware up until now that the forward-facing part of your privates has a name: mons pubis or mons veneris (“rising ground” of Venus or “venery”.) According to the Merck Medical Manual, this mound of fatty tissue that covers the pubic bone contains oil-secreting (sebaceous) glands that release substances that are involved in sexual attraction (pheromones).
What Is Monsplasty?
As with all areas of a woman’s body, even this lady-mound is susceptible to aging. The hair-bearing area above the convalescence of the outer lips is called the mons pubis. This area loses fullness as women age. Fat grafting will improve the appearance of this area restoring volume and fullness. In other cases, the fullness in this area is exaggerated and liposuction needs to be performed in order to restore a more natural look. Liposuction and/or skin excision may be needed.
Fat grafting is used to plump up a deflated mons veneris, creating the perfect curve. Autologous fat is extracted by liposuction from areas that have excess fat tissue such as the abdomen, hips or thighs. It is purified and then injected into your volume-deficient mons. Unlike artificial fillers, fat grafting is considered a safer method of restoring volume.
Performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia, the monsplasty procedure takes about two hours.
- Performed under local anesthesia, this walk-in-walk-out treatment requires minimal downtime. You will be monitored for an hour after the procedure before you can go home. Any pain you experience will be managed by prescribed painkillers.
- Have someone drive you home and stay with you overnight. Take the opportunity to rest.
- Compression garments may be used to reduce swelling.
- You may shower 1 day after surgery with a watertight dressing over the incision, with no baths or swimming until the incision is fully healed.
- The swelling should improve after 3 weeks.
- Physical activity should be restricted for 2 to 6 weeks – please verify this with Dr. Polo at your follow-up consultation.
- You may return to work the week after the surgery, depending on your occupation and your pain level.
The monsplasty surgery cost starts at $3,000. The cost will be dependent on the recommendation Dr. Polo will make based on your circumstances.
Monsplasty Before and After, Miami
Our gallery of before and after images will give you an idea of what you can expect from your monsplasty surgery. As is the nature of this procedure, be warned that the IMAGES ARE GRAPHIC.
Why Dr. Max Polo?
Dr. Max Polo is a renowned plastic surgeon specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery. His expertise is unrivaled. He is regarded by his peers as a pioneer in the development of new techniques and standards.
If you would like to make an appointment to find out more about monsplasty, Miami, please contact Miami Plastic Surgery on (305) 595-2969.