The clitoris is the external arousal organ in women, and it is located in the mid upper aspect of the external genitalia, just above the urethra and the vaginal opening, and containing 8,000 sensitive nerve endings, the sole purpose of your clitoris is for pleasure. Like hidden treasure, it is only partially visible to the naked eye.
The clitoris is covered by skin which is known as the “hooding”. Some women can have enlargement and/or asymmetry of the skin over the clitoris and they will benefit from surgical reduction/correction of the clitoral hooding.
What Is Clitoral Hood Reduction?
While your clitoris is approximately four inches in length, three-quarters of it is hidden by a fold of skin surrounding and protecting it. It can happen that this clitoral hood is made of excess skin, the bulk of which can, on one hand, cause painful sex or on the other hand reduce sensation during sex.
Clitoral hood reduction involves eradicating the excess skin for a smooth, tight, and functional clitoris and hood. Do not worry! The sensitive clitoris itself is NOT involved in the procedure, so NO sensorial problems are expected after the surgery.
Clitoris Reduction Surgery
While this operation can be done with a sedative and a local anesthetic, most patients opt for general anesthesia.
Surgical reduction of the clitoral hood can be performed as an extension of the wedge technique during a labiaplasty (reduction of the inner lips).
The procedure takes about an hour.
Clitoral Hood Reduction Recovery
- As the operation is done under anesthetic, you may feel drowsy afterward. You will, therefore, stay in the rooms for a while to ensure that you recover sufficiently.
- Pain and discomfort will be managed by painkillers prescribed by your plastic surgeon.
- Have someone drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours. Get plenty of bed rest.
- You should be able to resume light activities the day after your surgery.
- It is recommended that you take at least a week off work to recover – longer if your work is physically strenuous.
- Avoid sexual intercourse for the first six weeks.
Clitoral Reduction Surgery Cost
The average cost of clitoral reduction surgery starts at $3,000. The cost will be dependent on the recommendation Dr. Polo will make based on your circumstances.
Clitoral Reducation Before and After images, Miami
Our gallery of before and after images will give you an idea of what you can expect from your clitoral reduction surgery. As is the nature of this procedure, be warned that the IMAGES ARE GRAPHIC.
Why Dr. Max Polo?
Dr. Max Polo is a renowned plastic surgeon specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery. His expertise is unrivaled and he is regarded by his peers as a pioneer in the development of new techniques and standards.
If you would like to make an appointment to find out more about clitoral hood reduction, Miami, please contact Miami Plastic Surgery on (305) 595-2969.